Babysense video baby monitor review like this is usually meant to accomplish one thing and one thing only: and that is to help you make an informed decision.
Within some of these reviews, you can as well do practical baby monitor comparison to choose the best options that will fulfill your peculiar need while at the same time being affordable within your budget. And I am 100% sure you’ll want to do all of these before clicking that buy button. If you have used a particular baby product brand before now, you may want to check out their or own best baby monitors or simply go for an alternative.
Before going further in this buyer guide, we’ll first of all look into the key buying considerations. These are the most important factors you should check regardless of the brand you settle for or you can also have a look in detailed guide to understand how to choose a baby monitor for your little ones.
Without further introduction, let’s dive in through the most important factors.
Babysense Video Monitor Buying Guide 2020
- HAVE A PEACE OF MIND – Our Baby Monitor with Camera allows monitoring your baby’s sleep with 2.4 Inch High Quality Color LCD Display, providing high quality and stable streaming, secure hacking-free connection and crystal clear digital vision & sound. Your baby deserves the best care.
- SOOTHE & COMFORT YOUR BABY: Use the two-way audio or the programmed lullaby sounds to calm your baby remotely. So you can comfort your baby with the sound of your own voice, sometimes our little angels just need to hear our voice!
- STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR BABY – There's nothing more stressful than not knowing what your little one is doing. That is why our Babysense portable baby monitor features long range of up to 900 feet (OPEN SPACE), which does not require wifi (no hacking risks) and allows you to move freely in your house or yard and sleep better at night.
- SEE YOUR BABY DAY AND NIGHT – We use the latest infrared night vision technologies so you can rest assured knowing you’ll see your baby day and night with this video monitor. And with the 2x digital zoom you will never have any doubts about your baby’s activities. Besides the auto night vision, you can also check the room temperature and make use of high/low temperature alerts.
- WIDE VARIETY OF EXTRA HANDY FEATURES – Our audio video baby monitor is a perfect idea for baby gifts and baby showers - It comes with: Eco Mode Voice Activation, Sound Activated LEDs, Alarm/Timer Setting, Multi-Camera Expandability (up to four cameras), Manual Pan (360 degrees) & Tilt (60 degrees), Auto Camera Scan View, Tabletop or Wall Mounting Options. Our original Babysense video baby monitor comes with a 1-YEAR Manufacturer's Warranty and hassle-free 90-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
- Field of View: This is simply referred to as the distance range that a camera or video baby monitor can work in capturing very clear images. In a standard baby monitor comparison, this is one key area that one product differs practically from the other. While some can capture clear images from relatively long distances, others have short-range capabilities. In some sense, the same thing applies to sound clarity as well.
- Night Vision: Here is another important area that you shouldn’t ignore in a hurry. The question is how well a baby monitor performs in the night. Obviously, poor quality performance in this scenario won’t enable you the parent, guardian, or grandparent for prompt action when something unusual is beginning to happen. In this case, most of the best baby monitors have a range of 10 – 16ft.
- Battery Life: If the battery life is not strong enough then it won’t serve long enough to give you the exact thing you actually want from a baby monitor. Most products in this category have 4 – 18 hours of battery life. For example, Infant Optics DXR-5 has 4 hours of battery life while Lavana Sophia offers 48 hours.
- Lullabies: Almost every parent knows the importance of lullabies for babies aged 3 months to 3 years old. But this time, you don’t have to be constantly close to your baby in order for them to get lullabies at that moment when it matters. Simply reading this BabySense baby monitor review, you should expect that this product has lullabies. But not every baby monitor that comes with it.
Babysense Video Baby Monitor: The Core Features
8.70 x 5.90 x 3.00 inches
On the very first impression, what you’ll notice is the compact sturdy design of this BabySense monitor. It comes with a colored LED light screen and plastic buttons in the baby unit. This allows you to set it just as you want when you want. Based on the experience and statements of past users, it is very easy to set up with the parent unit you can keep close to you.
In addition, the small range of movement that can be controlled through the monitor is done so through very non-intuitive means.
In order to move the camera, you hold down the menu button for two seconds, which activates the zoom feature, for some reason. Once you’re zoomed in, you can then adjust the camera. However, when you zoom back out you go right back to where you started.
For so many impressive reasons, this can be described as the best non-wifi baby monitors under $100 in 2020. So if you are the budget-conscious type, understand here that it is currently within your budget.
2. Infrared Night Vision
As mentioned earlier, this is one of the key features you should consider while going through a video baby monitor buying guide. So even in dark rooms, you can be sure that this one will provide full monitoring for you and your precious baby. Another impressive thing is the out of range warning alarm you get from this product. That ensures you’ll stay within reach to give your baby that complete love and care.
Also for the field of view which was mentioned earlier, this one stands around 900ft. In comparison to Infant Optics DXR-5 and most Samsung baby monitors, you get a better experience here.
3. Wireless Video And Audio Transmission
As opposed to simply making use of audio baby monitors only, the BabySense monitor obviously comes with a video. And that means you won’t be monitoring with sound only, but a clear visual display of your baby’s current state. This device operates on the 2.4 GHz technology.
Moreover, you get a two-way talkback communication channel when you are within range. If you ever did a search for the best video baby monitors on Amazon, here you have it. At the point of purchase, you can choose either or two cameras.
Even when the connection is lost, the light and sound capabilities will keep you tightly in touch.
4. Babysense Video Monitor Battery Life
Obviously, if the device you bought doesn’t provide enough battery life, all the amazing functions won’t make sense at all. So before you click that buy button, check the battery life of the baby monitor you want to buy. As for this one, you get up to 18 hours of battery life.
5. Smart Sensors
Just like many other modern devices, these baby monitors extend the ability to monitor your child within the range of acceptable distance. And that’s the power of technology. For example, this is exactly what powers the out of range warning signals you can get when you move over.
The other interesting part of the BabsySense features is the capability of room temperature monitoring. When it gets too hot or too cold you’ll get a timely alert to take the next best possible action.
This is very important because ignoring your baby for too long in bad room temperature could create a real problem. And you don’t want expensive bills am sure.
6. Preprogrammed Lullabies
Here is another impressive feature of this baby monitoring device. It comes with 4 pre-programmed lullabies. With this, your baby can have some form of real enjoyment even when you are not within reach. And according to the experts, lullabies are found to be good for a baby’s cognitive development. Now you don’t have to wait until you are very close before giving your child what he or she deserves.
And the interesting thing is, you can as well operate this from the parent unit. The buttons in the front of this device will help you do just that.
7. Easy Set-Up
Like many others in its category, the BabySense video baby monitor is very easy to set up. Following through the manual setting it up can be done in no time. With this, you can be able to set up the display indicators, alarms, camera, and every other feature or function in it. Yes, you don’t need an expert on this one. Depending on your choice, you can be using single or multiple cameras at the same time.
Best Video Baby Monitor Comparison 2020
19.30 x 13.40 x 6.50 inches
14.5 x 14 x 12 inches
5.80 x 0.75 x 3.60 inches
Power Adaptor / Micro USB
Probably for some reason, you may find out that this Babysense video baby monitor review doesn’t contain all the things you want. If that is the case, below are some of the best options you can take a look at. Just try to take note of what makes each one different from the other.
1. Summer Explore Panoramic Video Baby Monitor
- ADDED PEACE OF MIND - When baby sleeps well, the whole family sleeps well! The Summer Explore Panoramic Video Baby Monitor brings a greater level of peace of mind right into the hands of parents, so everyone sleeps better.
- 5-INCH DISPLAY SCREEN – This video monitor has a digital color screen with automatic black and white night vision and a 5-inch display screen, so you can see more of your baby! Plus, room temperature display, remote digital zoom, and up to 1,000-ft range.
- BETTER VIEW OF BABY – The baby monitor has remote camera steering that moves left, right, up and down, so you have fluid 180-degree visibility. You can also purchase additional cameras to monitor up to 4 rooms total with video & auto-scan between rooms.
- HANDHELD PORTABILITY – Monitor display includes adjustable volume and video brightness controls, sound activated LED lights, power-saving one-touch video on/off, low battery and out of range indicators. Plus, rechargeable batteries and a kickstand.
- TALK BACK TO BABY – This parent-friendly infant monitor allows you to talk to your little one with the convenient talk-back feature. It also has an innovative remote two-color night light with calming red to help baby sleep and soft blue for a nightlight.
The handheld unit’s 5-inch screen is the largest in our review, complementing the camera’s wide-angle lens. However, its resolution is the same as smaller units, so the video quality, while acceptable, is poorer. Also, you can’t move the camera remotely, a feature you may not use if you only watch your baby as they sleep. The Summer Explore Panoramic Video Baby Monitor makes up for its video quality with a user-friendly design.
2. Philips Avent Smart Baby Monitor
- The Philips Avent Smart Baby Monitor is app controlled from a smart phone or tablet, a wifi baby monitor requiring a 2.4GHz wireless internet connection
- Baby monitor camera is wall mountable and maintains a continuous connection to baby, working even when using other applications on your phone
- Clear high definition day & night vision, play lullabies, talk to baby, turn on the multicolor night light or take snapshots of your baby
- App tracks and monitors noise, temperature and humidity. Compatible with iOS 7/Android 4.1 and above.
- Baby Monitor gives peace of mind - parents can view and interact with their baby from anywhere. App allows for up to 10 cameras supported, 3 simultaneous viewers. Easily turn off viewers for a private moment with baby.
The audio is quite good as well, with very little distortion. As with other Wi-Fi video baby monitors, there is lag as the video stream travels through distant servers before reaching your smartphone. In our tests, the SCD860 had good results one moment, and issues shortly after.
This is one of the reasons we gave it a low score for connection quality. A few of our testers had trouble setting up this baby camera using the smartphone app.
3. Infant Optics DXR-8
- 2018 AWARD WINNER: Popular Mechanics Best Baby Monitor, 9/25/18
- PERFECT SIZE & WEIGHT RATIO - no large batteries to power energy-hungry large screens. The DXR-8 is light-weight and portable, designed for true mobility around the house.
- FULL VIEWING CONTROL - The DXR-8 is a baby monitor with camera features such as pan/tilt/zoom and interchangeable lens. Fit the zoom lens to see closer, or zoom out with the wide angle lens. Expandable up to 4 cameras
- ROBUST AND MATURE HARDWARE - the DXR-8 is fine tuned and refined over years of iteration from feedback of real users. Trusted by over a million parents, our award winning monitor is backed by vigorous testing and quality control.
- PRIVACY GUARANTEED - Video and audio is transmitted via a secure 2.4GHz channel with FHSS technology. This ensures no data is shared through the internet.
The video on its handheld unit is sharp and consistent, and even with 30 feet between the camera and the handheld unit, there wasn’t lag or interruption in the video. In addition, you can use the handheld unit to remotely point the camera in different parts of the room. Although you can’t record video or take pictures with the DXR-8, these aren’t important features for a baby monitor. Setup is incredibly easy. After charging the handheld unit overnight, we plugged in the camera and it instantly connected. You can also have a look at a detailed comparative review of Infant Optics DXR-8 and Motorola Mbp36 video baby monitors under $200.
By reading through to the BabySense video baby monitor review up to point, you should be positioned now to make the best purchase decision that will match all your considerations. Whether you are buying one as a gift for your grandchild you are new mom, clicking through the links here to Amazon will unfold even more affordable baby monitoring devices.
In that case, you don’t have to look even farther for where to buy baby monitors online.
Just be sure to test after purchase. This will make it easier for you to return and replace it within the duration of time allowed by the seller. Go check it out now.